Voter Information — Vote: It makes a difference!
2020 Election Dates
|PA Primary:||→ postponed due to COVID-19 emergency|
|June 2, 2020||Last day to register: May 18, 2020||General:||November 3, 2020||Last day to register: October 19, 2020|
absentee ballots, registration deadlines, nomination deadlines, etc. Information regarding absentee and mail-in ballots is listed below.
Informed Voter Information
- LWV Voters’ Guide candidate info and responses (pdf)
- Candidate List (BallotReady)
- Candidate List (Luzerne County)
- Candidate List and Calendar (PA Voter Services)
- Vote411.org ballots and background
- Pennsylvania LWV
- Position Surveys
- Position Matcher
- The Citizens’ Voice
- Times Leader
To Register You Must:
Be a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next election
Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election
- Have been a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
Click Here for a voter registration application and more information.
Pennsylvania Voter Registration Mail Application Forms must be
completed and submitted to your county elections office.
Pennsylvania law provides for permanent voter registration, unless the voter’s registration should be canceled in accordance with law. All electors, except those in the military service of the United States and bedridden or hospitalized war veterans unavoidably absent from their county of residence, must be registered to be eligible to vote.
Once registered to vote, an individual is not required to register again unless he or she changes residence, name, or political party affiliation.
More information may be found on the VotesPA Resource page.
County Elections Office
- Director of Elections
- 20 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 207
- Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701-3505
- PA State interactive page
- Maps showing ward boundaries and polling places
- List of all polling places (pdf)
- Statewide district maps
Mail-In and Absentee Ballots
- Applications for mail-in ballots are due by 5 PM, Tuesday 27 October.
- Completed ballots must be received by the Board of Elections by 8 PM on election day.
- The status of a ballot application may be checked on the PA Voter -Services page.
To obtain a mail-in ballot or absentee ballot, you may apply online or through the county elections office shown above. The applications page lists the deadlines for applying for and returning the ballots.
More information is available on the
Luzerne County web page.
Voters’ Guide Archive