Now available for downloading:
The Voters’ Guide
for the June 2020 Primaries
Voter Information — Vote: It makes a difference!
2020 Election Dates
|PA Primary:||→ postponed due to COVID-19 emergency|
|June 2, 2020||Last day to register: May 18, 2020||General:||November 2, 2020||Last day to register: October 27, 2020|
- The primary election has been postponed until Jun 2.
- Polling places have been combined for the June election. Please see the Luzerne County Webpage for new locations.
- Voters may choose to vote by a mail-in ballot
- Applications for mail-in ballots are due by May 26, 2020.
- Completed ballots must be received by the Board of Elections by Jun 2, 2020.
- The status of a ballot application may be checked on the PA Voter -Services page.
- See the Governor’s page for more details
of all 2020 election dates:
absentee ballots, registration deadlines, petition deadlines, etc.
Informed Voter Information
- LWV Voter’s Guide candidate info and responses (pdf)
- Candidate List (BallotReady)
- Candidate List (Luzerne County)
- Candidate List and Calendar (PA Voter Services)
- Vote411.org ballots and background
- Pennsylvania LWV
- Position Surveys
- Position Matcher
- The Citizens’ Voice
- Times Leader
To Register You Must:
Be a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next election
Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election
- Have been a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election
Click Here for a voter registration application and more information.
Pennsylvania Voter Registration Mail Application Forms must be
completed and submitted to your county voter registration
Pennsylvania law provides for permanent voter registration, unless the voter’s registration should be canceled in accordance with law. All electors, except those in the military service of the United States and bedridden or hospitalized war veterans unavoidably absent from their county of residence, must be registered to be eligible to vote.
Once registered to vote, an individual is not required to register again unless he or she changes residence, name, or political party affiliation.
- Director of Elections
- 20 N. Pennsylvania Ave.
- Ste. 207
- Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701-3505
Polling places have been combined due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the “COVID-19 Updates” section at the top of the page.
Mail-In and Absentee Ballots
Applications for mail-in ballots and absentee ballots may be made online or through the county elections office shown above. The applications page lists the deadlines for applying for and returning the ballots.
More information is available on the
Luzerne County web page.
Voters’ Guide Archive